So I’ve been rather quiet on here the last couple of weeks, and one reason was that I went home to England to celebrate my 21st birthday with my family and friends in the UK. And while I really enjoyed being home (and all the presents :p) it made me realise how much I actually miss England.
Anybody who knows me well will know that I’m very critical of my own country (and especially the government) and I often say I wish I could live abroad. But being home made me see why England is my favourite place to be. So here’s a short summary:
- I can walk into a shop and understand all of the signs without having to think about what it means
- I can order something in a coffee shop or a restaurant without stumbling over all of my words, and the waiter looking at me like I’m an actual idiot
- The food! We had Sunday dinner and it was fantastic. I love gravy.
- People who work in shops are actually nice. In Germany, the concept of customer service doesn’t seem to exist and they’re just rude.
- My family live there and I love them.
Can’t wait to be back at Christmas for more gravy. Oh, and time with my family!